Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What happened to 2008???

Well the end of the year is always a busy time. No exception in the Miller household! I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I'd try and catch everyone up.

Halloween
We took the girls to the pumpkin patch. Mainly to take some cute pictures as they can't really enjoy it yet. We picked out a pumpkin which Alan carved. The girls watched him carve it from their highchairs. We dressed them up in pea pod outfits, again mainly for picture purposes. We did get some great photos!!




Texas
Unfortunately, Alan saw his job in New York come to an end. So right before Thanksgiving we made the big move to Texas! It was difficult trying to pack up an entire house while trying to take care of 2 little ones. Somehow we managed. Poor Alan though had to drive (with his dad) our cars from New York to Texas. So we are now living in Texas with Alan's parents. And I go back to work full time on January 5. Its been a while so it should be interesting!

Thanksgiving
We were officially living in Texas for Thanksgiving. We got the girls dressed up in matching dresses and headed over to Brook Hollow Golf Club for an early dinner. The girls are still in the stage where they cry a lot when they are around a lot of new people. But they calmed down once they started eating. They started eating solid foods recently and boy do they love to eat! Grace loves fruit and Lily loves vegetables. The remainder of Thanksgiving day was spent playing with the girls and watching football.


Brunch with Santa
Again we ventured over to Brook Hollow Golf Club, this time for brunch with Santa. We came at the very end of the event so there wouldn't be so many people around. It was great because we could ease the girls into sitting on Santa's lap since there weren't any kids in line. We took it slow and miraculously the girls didn't cry!! We got a great family shot with Santa and Mrs. Claus.

2 comments:

sharpt said...

Oh My, Sara--I had no idea that you guys moved back to Texas....did my husband fail to mention this itty bitty detail to me??? I hope you got my Christmas card that I mailed to New York!!! Sorry to hear about your stressful move! Hope you are well. Your girls are beautiful, as always!

Kristin said...

I seriously love their chins so much. If I were their mom I would be pinching their chins all the time!!!